Sunday, November 29, 2009

Manic Monday

Monday. I love Monday. I love the idea of Monday, the potential it holds. Almost feels like planning for a new year. Starting new, fresh, clean slate, rebirth etc., you get the point. Well, whenever it's not Monday that is. Ah, it's complicated. My relationship with Monday, terribly complicated. When it's not Monday, oh how I romanticize Monday. I do. I plan and I plot what I will do starting Monday. Grandios schemes, you can't imagine how good it to feels to know capability is only days away. The list is so long. The dreams, complicated and enormous. And before Monday, my god, I believe. Large things, lots of things will be moved and changed. Oh yes, all starting Monday.

Then my beloved shows up, too soon, too early. Why so early lover? Why? I'm not ready. I need more time. Just seven more days. Give me seven more days, please. I'll be ready for you, I promise. And this ain't lip service either. I know I've said it a million time before. It's just last night I had a late dinner with family and then it was just so hard to sleep. I had a lot on my mind. Oh and then I was dreaming all night. God, I'm not rested at all. Last night was rough. I'm so damn tired. Look, it's raining and cold. It's not really an enviroment conducive for creating change.

All that begging, pleading and negotiating for nothing. And I am severely underprepared for Monday's arrival because Monday comes too quickly, comes no matter what. Nothing ever holds Monday up. Nope. Punctual and to the point. Quick to remind me of my lack of commitment to anything. Damn you Monday.

I'm sorry, that was a bit harsh.

Maybe I've got it all wrong. Maybe it's not Monday I should be preparing for. Maybe, just maybe...call me crazy, maybe Tuesday is the actual do-over-day. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. December first falls on a Tuesday. Could there be a better start- your-life-all-over-again-day, I think not.

Sigh, Tuesday....hmmm, the plans I have for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment