Friday, October 16, 2009

An Exchange.

A friend from my high school days came by earlier this week and spent a couple nights visiting. It always interesting chatting with someone who knew me from way back in the day. Hearing her perception of me from those days to present time. And listening to who she was and is which totally contradicted some of my notions of her. None of which were negative of course.

She said a couple things that have sort of weaved themselves into my psyche. One, if she sees or hears something twice, she takes it as a nudge from the universe to pay attention. There's something in that that I really appreciate and have been applying to my own life since.

And she shared an observation she had of me. It threw me a bit but not in a bad way. She noticed I say yes to everything. Yes, yes, yes. Really? Do I? Hmm....time to pay attention? Yes. It would explain some of my exhaustion. I kid...not really.

Tonight's menu includes a friend coming by helping me organize my home, pizza, wine and singstar. Productive? Me thinks...YES!

Big love to you from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment