Monday, October 19, 2009

matter over mind? maybe.

The brain is a funny place to hang. The least healthy, I think. It pulls you out of the moment, throwing you either into the way past or just moments ago but regardless, past. Or slamming you through some portal into the future, none of it real, it hasn't happened. No, this is just the brain making a mess of the day, the week, for some, years. It thieves so much time away, our precious time. It can be relentless. It's unkind, to the self. It never really portrays love to the self, a false love maybe. Dear brain, what happened to make you so wicked? Who neglected you? hmm.

Trying to be less heady is no easy task, not all. It takes much practice and I've never been very diligent in the ways of practice. The thought, contemplation....that damn brain. It's what builds and nurtures the ego, feeding the fear, the clear path to paralysis. So what is there do? Well, I should think about this. No. I should not. What is...is. Right? All the pundits agree, be present. So damn hard. I do have to say, the moments I steal away from my dear old noggin are truly glorious. Absolute bliss. A shame me and the brain have it going on so hot and heavy. Practice. Okay, I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment